Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I'm having a baby this week!

Yesterday was a crazy day for me!  I had my OB checkup at 2pm and we decided to schedule my C-Section for THIS Thursday, October 4th!  I was happy with this date especially because it is my Pepa's (my Mom's Dad) birthday and I just love him to pieces and Hannah's middle name Jean is after my Mema (my Mom's Mom).  They are both still very much alive and a huge part of my life so I love the thought of having her name and birthday connected to them forever. 

Anyway, so we scheduled the C-Section because my BP has been up again and they wanted me to have her before 38 weeks because of it.  Also, my placenta is just too damn close to the cervix and they are not comfortable having me try naturally.  With the combo of the placenta and pre-e this is just the safest option for me. 

After my regular appointment I had a NST with a nurse and Hannah was not cooperating and failed the NST.  SO they made me go to L&D for a what they called a BPP which is where they monitor the baby on an u/s for 30 min to check her movements and breathing and make sure everything looks normal.  Test came back great which means baby was just lazy earlier.  They also hooked me up to monitors and we saw I was having contractions every 6 minutes or so.  They weren't super painful but starting to get very uncomfortable.  So they let me go saying as long as they didn't start coming 3-5 min together I should be fine.

So I decided to get a bite to eat with my parents since I hadn't eaten yet.  On the way there and AT the restaurant I started timing the contractions which had become way more painful and close together.  They were 3-4 minutes apart lasting over a minute each.  We decided not to run back to the hospital quite yet and just go back to my parents house so we could drop my Dad off and my Mom would take me either back to the hospital or home.  (By the way, my husband had been with me earlier in the day, but I made him go home to finish work stuff because I knew he was slammed and had my parents helping me instead.)  So we get to my parents house and the contractions are still coming, very painful, and my BP has shot up to over 150/90.  So we call L&D and they said to come back in.

As soon as I get there and get hooked up to the machines, I swear things just stalled and stopped.  I was still having contractions about 5-6 minutes a part but they just weren't as strong anymore.  My hubby met us there because we thought this baby was coming so I felt kind of stupid when it became clear that it was just more false labor.  Regardless, my doctor was great and said not to feel stupid at all, and that if it happens again, just come in again because they do NOT want me dilating on my own...not with a low lying placenta as least.  (I am dilated 2cm so far and they wouldn't want me going over 3 at this point.)  Sooo I came back home, took a warm bath and finally fell asleep.  I had contractions all through the night but nothing that made me feel like I should rush back in.  I'm hoping all stays quiet the next two days so I can get things done and organized before Hannah's arrival on Thursday! 

I'm very excited and of course a little nervous.  During my u/s the tech said it looked like she has a ton of hair and it just made me smile imagining what she looks like.  This pregnancy has been tough of me physically, but Thursday will be the moment I have been waiting for.  Can't wait to hold my little girl in my arms!!!!!

1 comment: