Saturday, February 18, 2012

5 Weeks and I'm Still Pregnant!

I think I'm going to celebrate every week, lol. With everyday that comes, I am just so grateful to still be pregnant!

I officially have my first u/s scheduled for Feb. 29 at 1:15pm with my regular OB, who I love. I refuse to start seeing the other doctors in the practice until I reach the 2nd trimester, especially after how cold the doctor was who told me I would miscarry my last pregnancy.

I'm feeling pretty good overall. I have had some nausea at night, horribly sore boobs, but the worst one for me is the acne! Ugh! It's not on my face much really but all over my back and shoulders (and I rarely EVER break out there). It was actually one of the signs that I was pregnant again.

Anyway I took a detect5 progressive pregnancy test at 18dpo and had lines in 25, 100, and 500. And then after it dried it freaked me out a little when I saw lines in 2000 and 10000, because that would be a bit too high. But after using my second one today I realize it was definitely evaps on those two. Today I took one and read it right at 5 min like I was SUPPOSED to the first time, and I have lines at 25, 100, 500, and 2000. Which would still be a little high at 20dpo but nothing to be worried about, just a hopefully nice and sticky bean.

I think my husband is finally starting to feel excited. He has been pretty guarded considering what happened last time. I think he sees me being less stressed and afraid than last time and it helps.

I completely thought that when I got pregnant again after my m/c that I would be freaking out worried everyday. Surprisingly enough, I feel very at peace with whatever happens. I know that I have no control whatsoever on the outcome. All I can do is take care of myself. And stress and worry isn't what our baby wants. So right now, I am happy, excited, and can't wait to see what is to come. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey congrats on still being pregnant! I am in the same boat, every day I wake up and breathe a huge sigh of relief! Every day is one more day closer! I found your blog a few months ago and recently found out I am pregnant too. I am going on week 6 on Monday. When is your due date? Mine is Oct 15, 2012. Check out my blog if you'd like www.waiting4babyt.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 5 weeks! I just found your blog and look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Kristina- My due date is Oct. 20. I'll have to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete