Wednesday, February 22, 2012

And All Is Still Right In My World...

After my bright red bleeding scare the other night, I thought for sure it was over for me. It happened after Dh and I were fooling around (no penetration) but I orgasmed, had really bad cramping for 30 sec and then went to pee. When I wiped there was bright red blood. I had it for about 30 min and then it tapered down to a spotting. Still, I was scared so I called my doctor and made an appointment for the following day.

That night I started having terrible stomach pains and figured I was definitely miscarrying. But then I went to the bathroom (TMI, #2) which was painful but I felt so much better after and voila! No more cramps.

All bleeding completely stopped as well as cramps after that and I woke up the next day, everything feeling great again. I started to have hope.

I went to the doctor to get my u/s then and he warned that since I was about 5 weeks-ish that I may not see anything. But I did! I was measuring about 5 weeks 3 days and I had a nice little sac with a yolk! My doctor said it was exactly what he hoped to see and it was perfect for where I was at. He also saw no abnormalities whatsoever and said I may have burst a blood vessel in my cervix during orgasm.

While I am a little more nervous than I was before the incident I do feel much more hopeful. He wants me to go back in two weeks to hopefully see our little peanut with a heartbeat and I can't wait!

I slept much better last night. Oh and when I woke up this morning, our little peanut reminded me that he/she is DEFINITELY there because I've been puking all morning and can't stop. But you know what? I'll take it!

1 comment: