Thursday, March 1, 2012

The first trimester is NOT so fun.

I hate to complain. I really do. But honestly? The first trimester SUCKS! I feel crappy every minute of everyday. The nausea is constant, even during the night when I'm trying to sleep, so I'm not doing very much of it. I don't actually vomit very often but it's almost worse that I don't.

And the migraines. Are AWFUL. And my skin, my whole back and my shoulders are COVERED in acne. Not just normal pimples, but HUGE cyst like pimples. I'm supposed to be in the bridal party for my brother's wedding at the end of March and I'm DREADING it. I have to wear a strapless dress and I feel so embarrassed of my skin. It looks like I have irritated chicken pox. So gross.

Oh and every time I eat a meal my stomach blows up so big so that I look 6 months pregnant.

And I'm dying to know that my baby is healthy and growing. I have an ultrasound next Wednesday and I will be 7w4d. I think...no, I KNOW, that once I see that little heartbeat that this will all be real for me. And that this crappy first trimester will be so worth it to me. And then, I will do my very best to stop complaining. Promise :)

2 comments:

  1. Such a bummer you're not feeling well and have bad acne on top of it! Definitely go see a dermatologist--they can give you topical creams and lotions to use that are safe during pregnancy. Also try Pro-Active, that helped my sister in law who had the exact same type of acne you're describing. I hope your next appointment goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya sister! I have "evening sickness" and I'm exhausted alllll dayyyyyy... Keep us posted on the ultrasound! Had a surprise one on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete