Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Our peanut has a heartbeat!

Today was the moment I was excited for and dreading at the same time. I knew this u/s would either make me or break me. I've had some spotting and mild bleeding episodes so I knew this could turn out badly.

As Theo and I sat in the doctors office, I thought I was going to have a full fledged panic attack. When my wonderful doctor came in, he immediately saw how nervous I was and said, "Let's get straight to it."

I had transvaginal u/s and because of my tilted uterus he had to put a lot more pressure. As first I saw what just looked like an empty sac and I froze. But then he moved it a little more and there is was....our perfect little peanut. And then even more wonderfully, I saw the little flicker of our little one's heartbeat. With their new u/s machines he thought he could get it for us to hear as well and he did. It was so perfect and I immediately began to cry. But this time, it was with happiness. Theo had a smile so big on his face, I wish I could have taken a picture.

Our baby is measuring 7w4d exactly. We didn't get the exact heart rate because I kept moving (crying/laughing/shaking, you name it) but the doctor said it was well over 100 and absolutely perfect.

We could not be happier.

The only downside today is that the u/s left me quite tender (as the doctor said it would because of the added pressure) but it's a small price to pay for this incredible moment. Next u/s will be between 10-12 weeks!

In the meantime, here is our little peanut!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Yes!!!! Congrats! Isn't it a wonderful feeling? I felt so nervous during mine too. The transvaginal ultrasound made me spot a bit. No one told me that could happen so I'm telling you just so you don't freak out!!! Maybe we can be prego buddies! According to my ultrasound I am 7w2d, but according to my lmp I am 8w3d. Check out my blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing! Enjoy EVERY minute of it because you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen! That means so much to me!

    ReplyDelete