Tuesday, March 13, 2012

ER Visit

Today....was a NIGHTMARE. So I went out today to do some shopping, get back home, and had to call my home protection company about replacing our dishwasher. Of course, typical scam artists that they are, they claim it's not covered, blah blah blah, but they have kept me hanging for over two weeks waiting to get this news. So understandably I get very upset and start yelling and arguing over the phone. When I hang up I am frustrated and pissed off and just burst into tears. I go to the bathroom to pee and when I wipe...BRIGHT RED BLOOD. There was even a nice tiny two little clots. My heart drops because I've been having brown spotting every other evening or so and I just felt like, Ok, it's over. I call my doctor and they are about to close for the day so they tell me to go straight to the ER since one of their doctors would be on staff. By this time I'm not bleeding anymore (it only lasted a wipe or two) but they insisted, so I went.

We waited, waited some more, and finally went back for an ultrasound. The tech wasn't supposed to tell us anything but she saw how nervous I was (plus, DH was watching the u/s screen like a hawk right over her shoulder). So finally (seriously, this was like a 30 min u/s) she says, please don't tell, but I want to make you feel better and turns the screen. There was our little gummy bear wiggling around. He/she looked like a little astronaut or kinda like Kenny from South Park, lol. I saw the flicker right away and felt so incredibly relieved. She measured the heart rate at 176, nice and strong. They can't find ANYTHING abnormal.

SO the news is good news, everything is OK. Baby measures 8w3d exactly. They still don't have a definite answer for me on why I'm bleeding but they have a few theories. One is that they see a lot of pregnant patients with endo (I have it pretty severely) have some red bleeding with tiny pieces of tissue from time to time. Or it could be my cervix. Or I'm just one of those strange pregnant women that mysteriously bleed for no reason. Seriously? This kid is KILLIN me! Lol. Apparently my doctors will be monitoring me more closely now (which I definitely do not mind).

Anyway, that's my story. Now I'm going to bed!

5 comments:

  1. Have they checked your progesterone levels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad all seems well now. That must have been such a scare. Gosh, I wish it could just be simple for my tcc girls once they are finally on their pregnancy journey. It just doesn't seem fair to have all this worry AFTER all the previous stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad everything turned out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! Glad to hear all is well! Every time I go to the washroom I'm afraid to look down at the tp. Let's just try to stay positive! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. J- Yep! Progesterone levels are great!

    Thanks everyone. It's all such a pain but seeing my baby all safe and sound certainly made me feel better. And there has been no bleeding/spotting since then! I'm taking it super easy right now...

    ReplyDelete