Monday, January 16, 2012

It gets better.

It really does!  On Saturday evening we even went out to a bar for a meetup group and I had such a nice time.  The girls saw all the bruises on my arms and wrists (from the IV's...I bruised like CRAZY) and asked me if everything was OK.  I told them how I was in the hospital (because I don't want them to think my husband beats me) and then with more questions I just explained about having an infection from miscarriage.  I didn't really want to tell people but it kind of felt good to get it out.  And luckily no one made any dumb comments or "helpful" remarks.

So I actually had fun.  I realized how much getting out and socializing really helps me.  It would be so much easier to sink back into my hole of despair but it doesn't do me much good.

I even talked to my older brother today, who has a fiance with almost the same due date I would have had if I didn't miscarry.  Privately, I've been really resentful of them.  But today I made nice and talked names with my brother.  It's still not easy but I AM feeling much better.

Tonight I'm going bowling with my husband, parents, my younger brother and his fiance, and another couple and I think it's going to be a good time.

My next doctors appointment is on Wednesday at 10:30am with the doctor who helped me get pregnant, Dr. Crider.  I'm hoping he will tell me that we can start trying with my next regular cycle.  I need that.

I took a pregnancy test last night since I was curious if anything is left in my system.  I mean, I did the misoprostal, THEN had a D&C, and have barely had any bleeding for the past 3 days.  It was STILL positive though, even if faintly so.  It's the only time I've not wanted to see a positive.  Based on  how faint it was though I'm thinking the pregnancy hormone should be gone in the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. nights out with friends has always helped me when I get in a rut with dealing with my pcos and ttc'ing.

    ReplyDelete